What effect does the sea have on our health? One thing is certain, the allure of the seaside ambiance and bathing in the sea does not rest solely on the pleasure that they bring but is also strongly based on the health benefits that they ensure: the sea is a source of hydration, it regulates the ions, supplies us with vitamins, minerals, oligo elements and amino acids, strengthens our metabolism and stimulates its defense functions. All these (and more) properties of the sea are used in thalassotherapy for therapeutic purposes.
Continuous improvements in the related know-how and application of modern medical techniques and state-of-the-art technology in combination with the region’s climatic features have resulted in the development of ideal conditions for health improvement, rehabilitation and prevention of medical conditions in Opatija, Crikvenica, Selce, Mali Lošinj, Veli Lošinj and Rab. Furthermore, modern thalassotherapy centers use the properties of the sea water, algae and air in the treatments aimed at increasing vitality and beauty. The advantage of the power of the sea in Kvarner!
Special Hospital for Medical Rehabilitation of Patients Suffering from Heart, Lung and Rheumatic Diseases
Thalasso Wellness Center Opatija
Thalassotherapia, established in 1957, is the leader in modern science and the practice of health tourism in Opatija. Since its establishment, Thalassotherapia Opatija has developed into an elite health and scientific institution, a prestigious diagnostic center for cardiac diseases and a respectable institution for rehabilitation of cardio and rheumatic/physiatric patients. The quality of this renowned institution is confirmed by its title as the Reference Center of the Ministry of Health. In accordance with the constantly changing new trends and attitudes, Thalassotherapia fosters traditional values but is also introducing trends and attitutes, Thalassotherapia Opatija fosters traditional values but is also following new trends, thus adding to its offer the Opatija Thalasso Wellness Center on a total area of 2,500 square meters.
Accommodation and programs:
• health/tourism activity – 70 beds in VILLA DUBRAVA
• cardiovascular disease treatment and prevention programs
• physical medicine and rehabilitation program
• program for patients suffering from dermatologic disorders
• program for patients suffering from psychological disorders
• sports program, special program
Opatija Thalasso Wellness Center programs:
• standard medical programs (supervised by professional medical staff)
• beauty programs
• SPA relax zone
Thalasso Wellness Center amenities:
• pools with sea water (anti-current swimming, various types of massages)
• 4 massage parlors
• beauty parlors (pedicure, manicure, facial treatments, solarium)
• sauna group (tiepidarium, Roman Laconium saunam, Finnish sauna)
• aromarium, talassarium, relaxarium, fitness center
Address: M. Tita 188/1, Opatija
Company: Thalassotherapia Opatija
Phone: Thalassotherapia Opatija: +385 51 202 600
Phone: Thalasso Wellness Centar Opatija:
+385 51 202 855;859
Phone Marketing: +385 51 202 857;858
Fax: +385 51 271 424
Year of Construction: 2005
Thalassotherapia – Special Hospital for Medical Rehabilitation
Thalassotherapia Crikvenica is a special institution for treatment and rehabilitation of patients with respiratory and rheumatic diseases. Thanks to highly favorable climatic and geographical conditions, the forerunner of the present-day Thalassotherapia was established already at the end on the nineteenth century (in 1895 to be exact).
The sun is abundant and generous here. Crikvenica enjoys 2,500 sunny hours per year. The salinity of the sea of 4 percent and the intermittent currents from the southeast to northwest make the sea clean and clear. The air from the nearby mountains mixes with the sea air, thus making it beneficial and clean, without pollutants in the immediate vicinity. All the afore-said features are monitored at the Meteorological and Ecological Center located in Thalassotherapia Crikvenica.
These thalassotherapeutic features are optimally combined with the findings and experiences in the field of modern medicine, so that THALASSOTHERAPIA CRIKVENICA, with its state-of-the-art equipment used in the provision of diagnostic and therapeutic services, represents an ideal place and the right choice for all those who have problems with respiratory organs or live in air-polluted places.
The inside amenities for guests include a pool with warm sea water, a gym, a sauna, etc. The open spaces include courts for small-sized sports courts, and there are also tennis courts, miniature golf courts, a bowling alley and a gym in the vicinity.
Programs for children:
• inhalation therapy, inclusive of the IPPB therapy
• hyposensibilization treatment in accordance with the allergogram
• physical therapy with the emphasis of respiratory exercises
• drug therapy
Programs for adults:
• inhalation therapy, individual or collective, with medicines or sea water, use of aerosol, ultraaerosol or spray
• IPPB therapy (inhalation under increased positive pressure)
• hyposensibilization treatment accordance with the allergogram
• physical therapy including kinetic therapy, electrical therapy, magnetic therapy, hydro therapy, photo therapy and massage (full body or partial)
• field treatments, breathing exercises and gymnastics
• drug therapy
Thalassotherapia Crikvenica is the winner of the 1996 EURO MARKET AWARD for quality performance and developmental programs awarded by the EUROPEAN CENTER FOR MARKET RESEARCH based in Brussels.
Address: Gajevo šetalište 21,51260 Crikvenica
Company: Thalassotherapia – Special Hospital for Rehabilitation
Phone: +385 51 407 666, 407 636
Fax: +385 51 785 062
Total Number of Rooms: 100
Single Rooms: 10
Double Rooms: 90