Novi Vinodolski, Povile, Klenovica,
Kozica, Sibinj, Krmpote, Ledenice

Novi Vinodolski “The stone town” with its twentykilometres long riviera closes from the southeastern, littoral part the series of famous and long-established (1909) Kvarner bathing resorts and climatic health centres. The stable and healthy climate, 2500 hours of sunshine per year, average temperatures of about 14oC, somewhat stronger bora winds, clear sea, high-grade drinking water, the fertile Novljansko polje, wooded areas in the immediate vicinity, are important parts of the offering. All this is completed by a rich heritage tradition and the consciousness of its value and the need for its preservation. “The old days and the glorious centuries” are part of the great pledge that Novi gave to the Croatian cultural tradition from which the tourist tradition developed and the inhabitants of Novi « Novljani» exhibit both of them exaltedly and wholeheartedly The Vinodol Codex (Vinodolski zakon-1288), the monument of the Croatian common law written in Glagolitic scrypt, Novljanski brevijari (1459 and 1495), the family Mažuranić and its most prominent member, the poet and ban Ivan Mažuranić (1814-1890), the elementary school (1786), the reading room (1845), the bathing resort (1878) and Hotel Lišanj (1894), built with national capital and the ethnographic, specific custom heritage which, with its diversity and significance is particularly lively during the Carnival period, are only part of the Novi peculiarities. Defined by the mentioned features, paths and promenades lead in four directions:

- along the coast,
- around the old town,
- to Novljansko polje and the Town of Bribir,
- to the mountain and wooded hinterland.


Town of Novi Vinodolski Tourism Office
phone 051/244 306 


The promenade of Novi Vinodolski extends along the bathing zone, consisting of stone and pebble bays and arranged beaches. It stretches for seven kilometres from the Zagori Tourist settlement towards Selce to the cape St. Magdalena in Povile. It has no name, but its segments, bearing the names of famous Croatian rulers, follow one after the other. The starting point is from the port, from Obala Kneza Branimira, either in the direction of Povile or of Zagori. Towards Povile the path passes near the Port Authority, to the Glavica cape in the direction of Lukavica, passing through the Šetalište kneza Domagoja promenade. The town cemetery is situated on Glavica and the remnants of the Paulist monastery on Ospa (1446), and on Lukavice the hotel, residential, bathing and park space, recorded in the foundations of tourism in Novi Vinodolski and Croatia. Hotel Lišanj (1894) and San Marino (1897/1900) are examples of the secession health architecture in Croatia, and some ten villas (Nikolina, Olga, Vera, Gavrilovi, Anelina, Marija, Jun...) are works of recognized Croatian architects. Even today, these buildings, owing to their architectural value and assimilation with the natural environment, are still a representative part of the Riviera of Novi Vinodolski. In a cultivated coniferous park stands the memorial (1955) to the poet Ivan Mažuranić, and on the old Romanic toponym Lopar, the remnants of a late antiquity fortress. A «must» scenery is the 206 metres distant island of St. Marin with the homonymous small church built on the foundations of the Old Croatian church and with old stone inscriptions (3rd/4th century). The promenade leads to the Bay of Muroska and further on to the settlement of Povile, once port of Ledenice and today the tourist centre of the picturesque bay - in the submarine world of which amphorae were found (1st/3rd century BC - and the Church of St. Magdalena (15th/16th century). The Tepli porat Bay can be reached from Povile following the path along the seaside. Further on, towards rnovica, the path is quite difficult so it is better not to explore it, since it is interrupted in a segment. In the other direction, the promenade leads from the port through the Obala kralja Tomislva at the foot of the old town with its tower (36m) immortalized in both photographs and paintings, up to the bridge across the river Suha Ričina and next to the apartments settlement. Here, it is possible to turn to the right to Kalvarija, elevated above the river, and then proceed on the part along the coastline. A path below the church of St. Mikula (Nikola) i.e. along the Bribir coast, today Šetalište Petra Krešimira IV leads along gardens, rest centres, villas and summer houses, to the tourist settlement of Zagori, at the entrance of which stands St. Lucy’s Chapel (15th century).

Walk duration: two hours and 30 minutes
segment Luka - Povile one hour and 30 minutes
segment Luka - Zagori one hour


It is an easy walk leading to the numerous sights of Novi, by closely-built houses along narrow, typically littoral streets, partly covered by cobblestones.

Walk duration: 30 minutes


The small fishing settlement of Klenovica, 10 km southeast of Novi Vinodolski, offers a pleasant promenade towards the neighbouring Smokvica. The coastal path passes along the motor camp and the island of St. Ante, which is linked to the mainland.

Walk duration: one hour


The starting point is from Novi Vinodolski, following the path to Malo polje to the church of St. Marko (41m). It continues towards the Krmin watering place and along the slopes of Velo polje reaches the church of St. Kuzam (98m) above Pavlomir (grape cultivation on an area of 17 ha), and then dips off towards the source, Ivanj. The path continues by intersecting Velo polje to the St. Barbara church above Bribir villages and rises up the St.Juraj (255m) hill, on the top of which stands the homonymous church offering a beautiful view of the Vinodol valley on one side and the the Vinodol Channel on the other. The Premužić path along the Donja stran ridge leads to the old bridge on the Ričina in Novi Vinodolski. The total length of the path is 15 km.


Ascend on one of the beautiful belvederes, with views of the whole of the Vinodol riviera and the Vinodol Channel.

Walking time: one hour



The mountain path Kapela/ Kolovratske stijene Klenovica is (in most cases) the destination point of the Kapela mountain path (KPP), that through Tuk and Bjelolasica passes through Bijele and Samarske stijene and, along the ridge Ričičko and Samarske stijene descends to Klenovica.